Price matching can be stressful for some, but it doesn’t need to be- I promise! Why price match? It saves you money! Instead of spending gas going to five different stores, you can just go to one! Stores that offer price matching in Moncton Region are No Frills and Giant Tiger (there are a few other specialty stores that do as well like Canadian Tire, BassPro Shop, Staples, and Best Buy). You can be a price-matching pro in 7 easy steps:
- Gather all of your flyers, and look through them. I find it easiest to circle the deals I want to price match. Sometimes I even go as far as highlighting the size restrictions so that it’s easier for the cashier to find. OR you can use an app like Reebee.
- Make your shopping list: I write down everything I am price matching with the price, quantity, where I am price matching from, and which page of the flyer it is so that I can reference it quickly during my check out process.
- Keep a copy of the store’s policy on you at all times. Some cashiers are new and are not familiar with all of their company’s policies yet, so it is helpful to keep a copy. Not all stores price match. Some that do price match are Giant Tiger, Best Buy, Staples, Toys R Us, Canadian Tire, Home Depot, The Source, and more.
- Bring your flyers with you. Many stores do require a physical copy of the flyer, however, the Walmarts in Moncton will allow you to show the flyer on your smartphone or tablet (which I do).
- Get the right item. Make sure you read the sale flyer properly. You should have the right brand, size, and flavor if there is a restriction. If there is a limit in the flyer (i.e. limit of 4 per customer), chances are the store you are price matching at will impose the same limits.
- Work with your cashier. Let him or her know at the beginning of your transaction that you are price matching. As number 4 said, have your flyers ready. The process will be a lot faster if you are prepared. Be patient with them, especially if you have a large order. (More tips for couponing and encounters at the checkout HERE)
- Sort your items in your cart. I usually separate my price-matched items from my non-price-matched items. This makes it much easier for you and the cashier.
If you follow these steps, you will be successful in price-matching at your local store! We do some of the coupon match-ups for you as well, so you can use those as a guideline for creating your shopping lists.